FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Toronto City Centre {CAN} (no longer Honors)
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:57 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I always stay at the CY and LOVE the location. The AAA rate includes the breakfast buffet and it's the one of the better breakfast buffets I have had. I like how it is only a half block from the college street subway stop and a block from church street bars and restaraunts. The only thing I don't like is if you are in the south tower on a higher a lot of times the wifi signal is week and you are stuck using the wired hi speed. The work out room and pool aren't very good though but I like they give out free earbud headphones you can take with you if you don't have any with you. I am only a silver at marriott and they let me use the express line and unless if the hotel is sold out they will give me a room with a balcony and if I can't get a balcony room I always got an end room even when I had no status at marriott.

I am going to be staying at the HGI on Dundas though during our thanksgiving weekend this year for the first time just because my hotel stays are down this quarter and that will give me the 10 needed nights for the free night certificate diamond promo. The HGI appears to be a little closer to the theater I have tickets for and the eaton center but a further walk from the subway (I always take via rail from windsor and take the subway to my hotel).

I am a gay male though so the courtyard is a great location for me for night life since the village is only a block away and nice to be able to walk back to my hotel in a few minutes. With the HGI I will probably just walk to the village and cab it back in november.