FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:02 pm
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Le Meridien, Vienna

Stayed there for the FT VIE Do, original reason being I had an FFN award I still needed to use, and it was the only central SPG prop w/ FFN availability, first night on award, second night paid.

First night, was upgraded to an Executive Suite. Second night, was upgraded to what they called one of the "Terrace Suites" (in the room descriptions linked upthread, it's noted in the paragraph under exectuive suites, it's really an executive suite with a terrace. And, oh, what a terrace! Spanning the length of both the living room and the bedroom, with floor-to-ceiiling windows the length of the suite, and a clear glass/plexiglass balcony railing, with separate powered blinds both for the windows and for the doors. One could host a small dinner party therein, with plenty of space on the terrace for guests, with the room's Bose music system supplying the tunes.

I agree with all the posts so far, the suites had a very spacious feel. Art meets function, with things like a scuplture of a hand, that holds a couple of apples for you. Nice touches like throws/blankets on the couches and chairs. Lots of different lighting combinations for whatever mood suits you. A small gift box of chocolae wafers on the table w/ a welcome note. The exectuive suie I had the first night had two full bathrooms and a half bath. The terrace-executive had a large bathroom and a half bath.

I also agree with all the posts so far re: the great staff they have there. Absoluely fantastic. They even seemed genuinely excited about being able to offer the upgrade to that terrace suite.

The lobby is a bit of a photo gallery in and of itself, well worth a quick walk-thru when one has the time.

No shortage of coffee options: there's a coffee/expresso machine available for guests until 8am, and/or, like other Le Meridien's, in the info. folder in your room, there's a coupon for two free expressos or cappucinos in the hotel's cafe, and this Le M's cafe was a nice corner coffee spot that was perfect for an afternoon break. And, there's always the in-room kettle & insant coffee as well (in addition to the mini-bar posted upthread).

Easily a short walk from the Karlsplatz station, making getting around Vienna beyond the city centre a breeze. 30 min., door-to-door, by train to/from the airport.

Didn't miss the absence of a club-lounge---with plenty of in-house coffee options for that first cuppa, preferred to enjoy mornings at one of the outdoor cafe's that line the streets around the area along city's beautiful streets, and no shortage of dinner options as well.

I'd stay here again, without a doubt.