FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:49 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Well you should that the #1 rule of non-revenue policies is that they are not to be used for business or commercial purposes.
You're quite correct, if I had been using my personal (leisure) flight privileges. However, the flights I was referring to were for the purpose of conducting official company business. In lieu of purchasing revenue tickets, the company provided me with positive-space, company-business flight passes.

The main difference between a positive-space and a space-available pass was that I had a higher priority than employees (and buddies ) traveling on personal passes.

Even on these positive-space passes, I was still subject to bumping; if a revenue passenger needed the seat, I was out of luck (I worked in technology; if the meeting or site visit was especially critical, suchj as to restore a crashed computer system, the company would shell out for a paid ticket).