FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:26 am
IncyWincy

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
PLEASE file a Customer Service complaint against the hotel. Give the dates you stayed there (and confirmation number if you have it handy) and indicated that spg.com showed many better room types. At a minimum, they will know that Platinum SPG members ARE checking spg.com. Even if you get nothing out of it, the file does go to the GM and they will have to research it. It will let them know that we are paying attention.

It will take two seconds. Either call or simply send an email to customer care. Just give the facts and say that you would like to open a "Customer Care File." Thank you.

800-328-6242
[email protected]
Agree that it would be good to contact Customer Service although as I said above I found Lurker's statement disturbing. Hopefully the Lurkers and CS do not degenerate into what this hotel is like.

It is difficult to imagine that the problem is really with the Front Desk as if they were out on a limb to deny upgrades. They have no axe to grind. Indeed, withholding upgrades leaves them with disgruntled/angry customers which cannot be pleasant. Thus I tend to think that there are clear and firm instructions from above and that the GM is well aware of the sneaky policy, if not the instigator.