FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:49 am
andrewpartyman

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
I made a comment on here that I didn't think the St. Regis San Francisco was anything special. Lucky for you guys, I happened to take photos of our room. (I do this all over the world; I am a dork.) I said something like I thought the rooms were comparable to an average Westin. I stand by that remark. Here are the photos of the room I stayed in at the St. Regis San Fran. To me it doesn't look like anything special. Basic comfortable bed (if not too warm), flat screen TV, bathtub that opens to room if desired, standard marble shower, and that's that. People have asked me which Westin's I have stayed in with better rooms (or comparable). In the past year I would say: Vancouver, British Columbia; Westin Times Square, Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, the Four Points Sheraton Dubai, Westin Athens, Greece; and pretty much every W all over the world except Mexico City and Chicago Lakeshore (again, not Westins but St. Regis is supposed to be a vastly superior experience) Sure these locations are all over the world (thus varying degrees of service) but a St. Regis is supposed to be like staying at the Peninsula hotel: blown away at every turn. After waiting 10 mins to check in, 15 to check out, not having my amenity points on my statement, not getting points for food service, being charged for internet, and being "upgraded" I was hardly impressed to say the least. As I stated, the room was nothing to write home about:
http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/...rewpartymanFT/