FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:07 am
mclee19

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
Comfort Suites - Biddeford, ME (Grade B+)

Large rooms, easy access to I-95. Not a whole lot around there, but US1 is nearby and there's a little more toward that end. There is a single, smaller room that can be had there for about half the normal price, that one is small and next to vending/ice/elevator. If you aren't a light sleeper, though, its fine.

The hotel is clean, looks like a nice pool, decent breakfast spread (though not all that different from other CS's). The General Dynamics rate is pretty good, is qualifying, and you can get it through the 800 number.

Econolodge - Elmira, NY (Grade B- or D-)

It all depends on the room. I got here real late, they had two rooms left. The door on the room I have has a broken door (won't close, was ajar when I got here), which, given that it's an exterior entry, makes me slightly nervous. But there was NOTHING else available between Binghamton and here, so...

This D- room I have is a smoking room that is only adequate for odor, the remote doesn't work, the buttons on the TV don't work, there is a slight odor in the bathroom. If I hadn't been here before and had a higher quality room I probably wouldn't come back, but the other rooms I've had here (in fact, I will be here tomorrow night in a different room) have been OK.

The rate here is too high for an Econolodge, but all the drill crews (Elmira sits on the Marcellus Shale formation) really jacked that up. It is an 8K property, though, so that works out to $10/1000 points - a good value.

Last edited by mclee19; Sep 17, 2010 at 8:47 pm