FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kevin gets a little Seoul - To Seoul and Hong Kong with Asiana and Thai in F and C
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:26 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Arrow Part IX - An ICN Layover

ICN: Take 2

Part of the reason why I wanted to arrive early was to take part in one of the transit tours. Alas, that means exiting into Korea again. So sad that another couple of cute stamps are put in my passport

As it was just 5:30 by the time I exited, I powered up the laptop and surfed for a bit - although the quality of the WiFi is... awful.

Soon enough the day broke, and I wandered over to the transit tour desk to find that everyone had booked the long tours, and no one was booking the short tours. By 8:30, I had gone back into security and wandered round the expanse of Seoul Airport, wandering past Lotte Duty Free Shop after Shilla Duty free stop, whilst stopping in the cultural area for ... cultural gifts.

I can do cultural!

Eventually, I headed off to the Asiana Business Class lounge.

Asiana Business Class Lounge

This is a much larger complex than the Concourse A facility, but essentially - still the same - right down the fake library and piano.

Food was interesting...

Potato and Bacon - as I said - intresting

Salads

Other hot things

and of course...

Noodles

I found a nice window position and just sat back, watching the world going by, charging the laptop and phone for the journey home.

Piano

As time wandered on, I finally saw my flight was cleared about to board, so I sad thank you and wandered to the gate, where a massive queue had built up for travel class, and a shorted queue had built up for economy.

The queue for the flight home

Eventually the tensa barriers were removed, and it was time for the final flight of this journey.

Last edited by Kevincm; Sep 16, 2010 at 6:58 am Reason: Content loaded