FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kevin gets a little Seoul - To Seoul and Hong Kong with Asiana and Thai in F and C
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:08 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part IV - ICN, Hotel.

Into Seoul Pictures
Grand Ambassador Hotel /Novotel Kowloon Pictures

At ICN – Immigration and the joy of Limousine Buses.

In a way I was not looking forward to immigration – perhaps too many experiences with America’s finest Customs and Border Patrol has soured the thought. But in the case of Inchon Airport, it was a case of take passport, read immigration card, stamp passport and on my way. A quick walk to the baggage belt and my bag was waiting for me, and it was through customs, and out

Grand total from gate to exit 10 minutes FLAT for a foreigner. I challenge Chicago or Washington Dulles to beat that.

However the next point of fun was to find the Limousine bus desk - after abusing the free WiFi (again – are you listening Heathrow/Frankfurt/Other annoying airports? Of course not…) After reading the list of buses and being confused, I remembered this hotel was also known as the Sofitel – which the staff knew. Thankfully a bus was due within 5 minutes, and I stepped into the heat and humidity of Korea.

The Numbered Tower blocks - they confuse me...

The limousine bus was a “Luxury” one (and at 15,000 won it had better be!) in a 2 – 1 seating format, and Korea Air’s in flight magazine in the pocket.

60 minutes later the bus had gone through the heart of Seoul, around Namsan Mountain and finally to the last stop of the bus - the Grand Ambassador.

Into Seoul

Hotel: The Grand Ambassador Hotel (associated Pullman, Ex Sofitel)
Price paid £250.10, Cash-back, £40.01, Net £210.09, 503 base points, 377 bonus points earned.

Reception

With my luggage taken from me, I checked in and was upgraded to a deluxe room on the 14th floor, with a lovely view of the Seoul Tower. After arriving, my luggage arrived and I was given a tour of my room and the features and how much extras things costed (such as the minibar).

So lets examine the room. It’s reasonably large for a hotel room, with a lovely bed, a big screen, and one hell of a view of the Seoul Tower. These are good things. Even better is the discovery of a Nespresso machine (my first time with one of these wonderthings). The staff were constantly friendly and helpful, pointing out things and ideas.

Room

Minibar area with Nespresso Machine....

Bathroom amenities

And of course...

A scarey toilet

The hotel itself is on the Tour bus route, and also a stones throw away from Line 3 of the Seoul Metro - which is very helpful when you’re a cheap person like me.

Overall: A lovely hotel - and worth the discounted price I paid. The upgrade to the Deluxe room was appreciated and given without asking. In a way I was very glad I didn’t select the Hyatt as it would had required lots of trips on buses or taxis and the such.

Last edited by Kevincm; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:11 pm