FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Strength in Numbers" promo: Anyone gotten pts?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:28 am
Freckles68

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I rarely have a problem with partner transactions posting. (Like kspeed55, I had problems with Budget last year, but got the points posted by writing to Budget's loyalty desk and copying AGR. I received a written reply from Budget and the points posted.)

I too have not received any Strength in Numbers points. Can't even find a reference to it on the AGR site anymore.
You're lucky to not have had these problems. Here I was thinking all I had to do was make a purchase, provide my member number and/or shop through a link, and PRESTO! Points credited to my account!

Yet every time, it's the same malarkey. I shouldn't have to mail in written proof of each transaction to get the points. The fact that Hyatt told them I stayed there in June (see? Right there in my account, the 500 points from Hyatt at the end of June!) should be enough to apply the promo points. And if it's not, either call them yourselves to confirm it OR make some sort of arrangements with your partners for them to provide you with all the information you need, such as the date and/or amount of transaction... that seems to be plain old common sense to me, and easily accomplished. It also seems unlikely to me that the partner doesn't provide them with this information, which is what AGR is claiming.

At any rate, it shouldn't be the customer doing all the legwork to get points credited when you and your partner are offering a promotion. I did my job. I spent my money with your partner instead of choosing someone else. Now it's between you and them to do the rest.

//END RANT

Call about your Strength in Numbers points (those are the full T&C I posted, for reference) and see what you're told.

PS: "Colbert Platinum."