FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everybody Gets a Back Rub Day and the NBS Nexus Again!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:07 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Well, folks this is a new one on me. Every Pax through the WTMD was told to turn toward the xray machine and the TSO then ran his hands down from the shoulders down the middle of the back ending just above the waist.

I was through and done before I realized that I watched this process on at least 12 Pax, plus me, and the TSO was still wearing the same gloves. Oh, well, so much for good sanitation.

This was after the TDC refused my Never Before Seen Nexus, no supervisor could be found, and I was asked at least five times "This is the last time I am going to ask you this, will you show me a driver's license?" To which I replied every time "The Nexus is an accepted form of ID according to your regulations." He finally went to the book, found it in about 3 minutes, and then apologized. He said that he had never seen a Nexus and that they needed to get the word out. I told him he is the third one I have had to train at this airport.

Eventually everyone will know if I keep this up. Can I bill the TSA a training fee?
How could this TSA Travel Document Checker be qualified to man that position if they do not know which ID's are on the TSA list?

Seems TSA training and employee management is at fault.

The responsible TSA managers should be fired for signing off that an employee is qualified when that is obviously not the case.