FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012
Old May 21, 2003, 3:41 pm
crAAzy

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
My own little celebrity sighting.

Sitting here in ORD AC now on my way home from a conference SEA-DFW-ORD-MKE. Just arrived on Flt 66 from DFW and I was lucky enough to get a last minute sticker upgrade into F on the 777 !

Anyway, I was sitting next to a gentleman who I initially thought was a regular on the flight b/c of the cordial interaction between him and the FAs. Then, towards the end of the flight, I noticed he was writing down what appeared to be a list. As we were touching down, I got up the nerve to strike up a 2 minute conversation with him and he introduced himself as none other than Mr. Ed Brennan!

We briefly touched on the 757 and A300 conversions which he said looking at the numbers, there was just no way that MRTC could cut it in the Carribean and low fare leisure markets.

I had mentioned how nice it was to see a new ethusiasm among the employees lately. He agreed that many people at AA are really starting to pull together he also had good things to say about Arpey.

We briefly discussed the shareholders meeting today that I was going to run over to during my layover, but my stay got cut short.

During part of the he was actively engaging the FAs and listening to what they had to say about certain issues. Even gave his email out to one of the FAs that came up from the back....notable b/c was not "first name . last name @aa.com".

He also stated that AA has gone through one of the most difficult times he's ever seen a company go through.

Also said there were a lot of issues to deal with and everyone wants to be heard... and despite being up for the past 30 hours I was still sharp enough to remark "If you're looking for a website where you can get some good feedback from your customers you should go to FLYERTALK.COM " ... and he wrote it down on his list .

Seems like a great guy and if my two minutes with him were any indication, AA is about to go from it's darkest moment in history into it's brightest.

[This message has been edited by crAAzy (edited 05-21-2003).]