FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with AeroMexico lost luggage
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:46 am
ellyse

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Angry Help with AeroMexico lost luggage

-sigh- Lost 2 pieces of check-in baggage on LAX-GDL AM471 on 10th Sep. I arrived in LAX via CX on the evening of 9th Sep, and re-checked baggage after going through customs. Did my LAX-GDL check-in at the counter the next morning.

So, I'm now stuck in GDL, and no one has any idea whatsoever where the baggage is. Last we heard it was in LAX on the night of 10th, but it's not reflected in the baggage system, and nothing has arrived in GDL at all.

Even better, there're only 2 daily flights on AM for this route, and the morning flight in a few hours (12th Sep) is cancelled.

Was I wrong to do re-check-in straight after coming off the CX flight, on the night before the LAX-GDL flight? The baggage tags had them going all the way to GDL, with the correct flight numbers. Should I have just kept them overnight to check them in myself the next day?

Other than bugging the AM baggage staff at GDL, what else can I do? Any kind soul working at GDL or LAX willing to help me track down the stuff? AM at LAX has not answered any calls or system messages. I'll have to be stuck at GDL till I find them. And worse still, no seats available back to LAX till Thu!

Last edited by ellyse; Sep 12, 2010 at 5:03 am