FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FoundersCard Thread Deletion: Moderator Updates
Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:12 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by farrish11
Where did the thread go on the Founders Card and $99 gold status or upgrade to platinum? There are many of us that pm'd the OP and should have a way to follow up on a scheme, that while seemed too good to be true, was worth a shot. If for no other reason, there should be a thread memorializing what happened and warning about future "opportunities" to buy status. At the very least, could a Mod please post an explanation of what happened? It's too much for a 100+ post thread of such importance to disappear without explanation. Especially when possibly hundreds of flyertalk members have disclosed their credit card information to the Founders Club site based on a post here.
I am certain that our Mods have pulled that thread because they feel it is in the best interest of FlyerTalk members to be shielded from this information until its bona fides can be verified. Many FlyerTalk members have already forked over $99 for something that is, at this point, an unknown. I'm sure that when this situation is resolved one way or the other, we will find out more about it. I suggest patience. Next week sometime, I would venture we will know more.