FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:38 am
apolloms

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Here's what happened to me:

On my outbound, my first flight STL-MSP was delayed enough that they couldn't keep my original routing, STL-MSP-ORD-CVG-LAX-SYD, and so I flew STL-MSP-LAX-SYD. The miles posted in accordance to what I actually flew and I got the 12,500 miles international bonus plus the double EQMs together as a one-line entry. OK, I figure I'll just ask for original routing credit, but at least it posted correctly.

I completed my trip on Monday, but when the miles for the inbound posted, the last two flights, ORD-MSP-STL, didn't appear, so I didn't get the promotion bonus for the inbound.

They still hadn't appeared by Friday, so I did a Request Mileage Credit online, and when I checked an hour ago, the original outbound routing was there, plus the substitute MSP-LAX flight, for some reason. But the bonus for the outbound was now only 5,000 miles and 1000 EQM (?), listed as "Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean (posted on 31Aug2010)".

The inbound now had one of the missing flights, MSP-STL, listed, but not the preceding ORD-MSP, and the bonus for the inbound was only 2,500 miles and 500 EQM, listed as "Air Activity 5K miles for Delta Hubs (posted on 06Sep2010)". Apparently the missing ORD-MSP made the computer only count the MSP-STL segment for the inbound bonus.

So Request Mileage Credit actually cost me miles and EQMs, since I was over 50K EQMs before and now I'm back under 50K. I'm hoping they're just in the middle of fixing it and that I don't have to call or email somebody to get my promotion credits.

To be fair, it was a complicated itinerary.
send Kevin an email. He will fix it.