FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines Suites: Mileage Required for Redemption
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:32 pm
QF Lad

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
While is is positive that they have opened the Suites for redemption availability, these types of redemption levels actually make it is disincentive to bank miles with Krisflyer.....my wife and I are never going to redeem 6,200,000 Krisflyer points for a trip from LHR-MEL, our home town.

Points redemption are great for frequent flyers, as they allow you to access an airlines top products for leisure trips where you are not willing or able to paid thousands for a leisure fare.

Unfortunately these types of redemption levels do not inspire you to fly with Star and save points for a Suites redemption - I'd rather fly with Oneworld and bank miles to use on CX F which is a wonderful product for a fraction of these redemption levels.

Does anyone know if these Suites redemptions are "anytime" awards subject to availablity or will be subject to capacity controls for award availability (my apologies for not using the correct KF terminology, but I get mixed up with all the Frequent flyer programs I am in. I hpe I have made clear what I am asking)!