FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to the US Open at the US National Tennis Center
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:40 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Now if you had just put up this guide a little while ago; men's finals are this Sunday! We were at the Open on Friday and Monday of Labor Day weekend.

More about bathroom strategy: It's worse for women unfortunately especially this year as many of the stalls were closed off. They've had a YEAR to fix these stalls; what's the problem? As for Ashe, if you're in the nosebleeds, the lines aren't bad as long as you're not going between matches, between sets or at the end of a session. On the grandstand, go to the upper level. No lines. At Armstrong, walk up to the very top. No lines.

As for food, you certainly can bring food. I brought lunch and snacks for the 2 day sessions I attended. As for plastic bottles, only bottled water is allowed. Not bottled soda. Now they won't allow you to walk in eating a hotdog you bought from the cart just outside the stadium nor can you arrive drinking a cup of coffee or anything. So finish it or pack it.

The food prices are a precursor of what food will cost if Congress and Obama pass a value added tax. I'm not saying I didn't pay for anything. I did buy a scoop of Ben & Jerry's. That scoop is $5.

The Amex radios are by and large crap. How can you sit in Ashe yet still get static? Well if you're in the nose bleeds, that is possible. The static gets worse if you're watching a match on Court 4. I typically get more than one radio as I've had them stop working as the day has progressed. You used to be able to get both TV audios. Now just one.

Lots and lots of planespotting. I thought that LGA agreed to divert the planes away from the tennis center. Well, not during the first week. I never realized how many Air Canada flights land at LGA.

This all said, I love the Open and look forward to it every year.

Last edited by Analise; Sep 9, 2010 at 7:19 pm