FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways First Class and a 9 seater in Costa Rica w/pics
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:09 am
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
Comparison

I've now flown First Class on BA (747), Swiss (A332 and A340), Singapore Airlines (747), Lufthansa (747) and Thai (747). In my limited experience, here is how I would rank the various facets of their First Class product. Whilst I appreciate that the sample size is small, there is something to be said for First Class delivering consistently.

Lounges
1. Thai Royal First Lounge, Bangkok. Massive, spacious, quiet, top notch food and drink.
2. The Concorde Room, Heathrow.
3. The Lufthansa First Class Terminal, Frankfurt. Excellent food and drink complimented by a very well stocked bar.
4. Swiss First Class Lounge, Zurich. A little disjointed and industrial

First Class seat
1. Swiss. Comfy plump leather seat. Felt like sitting on a favourite coach. Converts into a soft bed.
2. Thai / BA / Singapore. Not much to separate the actual seat. In terms of cabin layout however, the order suggested is from most spacious to least.
3. Lufthansa. Outdated. No privacy

Food and Drink
1. Swiss
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Thai
4. BA / Lufthansa

I hope you have enjoyed my trip report. If you've enjoyed my writing, I have just started a food blog called The Pondering Gourment Click here (www.theponderinggourmet.com). Take a look.

Last edited by baggageinhall; Sep 7, 2010 at 6:29 am