FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removed from US Airways flt last night
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:43 am
cherylsiscon

Programs: Silver status
Removed from US Airways flt last night

Yesterday after a busy week of travel I was flying from St.Paul/Minn to phoenix where I was upgraded to first class. As I was sitting in first class I heard the flt attendents talking about an unresponsive passenger and soon saw two young men removed from the plane. They looked like young business men and seemed upset but definitely not unresponsive or intoxicated. I thought they must of done something really wrong to get removed from the plane but thought no more of it as we than started to take off. I had 2 pom martinis and went to sleep as I had been up for 16 hrs and it was a 3.5 hr flt. We landed in Phoenix and I went to my gate for my connecting flt to San Diego. I had about 30 min before we boarded and was trying to stay awake as I was exhausted. I heard the announcement several times for volunteers as the plane was oversold than we began to board. All I wanted was my window seat and a nap. As I entered the plan and VERY bubbly flt attendant greeted me. It might of been rude but I was tired and ignored her and went to my seat. As I was settling in for my nap a flt attendant asked me to come to the front of the plane. I assumed I was being upgraded to first and grabbed my stuff. Imagine my surprise when I saw there were no seats. They told me a manager wanted to talk to me on at the gate. I remember thinking did I drop something I had no idea what was up. The gate agent and manager talked to me and explained that the flt attendant thought I was "unresponsive" and didn't feel comfortable with me on the flight. I am now wide awake and spoke to them both along with two others. All four than told the flt. attendant that I was fine and just tired. They came back....with my carry on and told me they were sorry and that the flt attendant had the final say and that she didn't feel comfortable with me on the plane. By this time I was close to tears, upset and embarrassed and in disbelief. They than told me I would not be able to fly back until the next day. At that point I got on the phone to my attorney, requested a trip to medical to get a blood alcohol test to show that I was not intoxicated. When they heard me on the phone to my attorney they than stated they could put me on the next flight "even though it also was oversold" they found me a seat, apologized for the inconvenience, gave me the name of the flt. attendant and gave me the name of the four US airways employees that disagreed with the flt attendants assessment. I keep going back to "WHY" did this happen. The only thing that I can think of is they needed my seat for someone else! When I asked them if that was the case they looked at each other and said no. I am VERY curious to know who ended up sitting in my seat and how a flt attendant that I had NO contact with could make this judgement. Ironically my seat on the next flight was in an exit row....I'm judged too unresponsive to fly and than am placed in a seat expected to assist in case of an emergency! Seems strange that in one night I see two passengers removed from an oversold flight out of StPaul/Minn and than I am removed for the same reason on an oversold flt out of Phoenix...Is this their new approach to getting seats??????