FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My NEXUS Card was refused at PHX T4
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:13 pm
PhoenixRev

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Thumbs down My NEXUS Card was refused at PHX T4

So, I decided to use my NEXUS card today to clear security.

I presented it to the TDC who said she didn't recognize it and asked her fellow TDC who said he didn't know either. She said she would ask a supervisor.

She called for one and he was on the other side of the moat. She asked if NEXUS was accepted and he said no! I told her I wanted to talk with a supervisor and she requested one come to the TDC area. While waiting, I pulled out my smart phone and pulled up Pistole's post about ID.

The supervisor arrived and I told him I had a NEXUS card and the TDC, butting in, said, "I think they went out of business." (Yes, the Canadian and U.S. governments have gone out of business.)

The supervisor said he cannot accept the NEXUS card and I then showed him Pistole's missive and the supervisor said, with a straight face, "That program hasn't started yet."

Let's go to the tape....

There seems to be a trend of TSO’s not recognizing TWIC cards at our checkpoints. As a result of your feedback, I will ensure that TSA officers receive the necessary refresher training to recognize TWIC cards and other government-issued ID's (Including NEXUS cards) brought to the checkpoint.
That was Pistole's pledge. Notice it doesn't say the cards aren't accepted. It says the officers will be trained to accept the cards as they are valid ID as noted HERE. (See bullet point #3)

I demanded a comment card and the supervisor was not pleased and took his sweet time getting one. The TDC asked if I had a Canadian passport, for some odd reason. I produced my Passport Card and she signed off on my BP.

It is bad enough having TSOs tell you the website is out of date. It's worse to say that Pistole's program of re-educating TSOs about acceptable ID is not active yet, so they don't have to accept it.

You can rest assured that comment card will be appropriately used and complaints will be made.

God, what a terrible agency.