FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Eurostar Leisure Select, hello Standard Premier
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:58 pm
SYDguy

Programs: Junior Jet Club
€uro* are definitely shooting themselves in the foot with this 'enhancement'.

I travel once to twice per week PARLON and have always chosen leisure select for the aforementioned benefits. After experiencing the new service tonight, no longer. The meal offer is wanting, and obliged me to leave my seat and trek to the buffet for further nourishment. No more of their (most base) champagne which was always a compelling USP for the English leisure travelers; and to partake of my preferred friday G+T no at seat sales, again trek through the carriages to the buffet.

Looking at the composition of the meal I can't see how many € € € s are being saved, particularly given that the staffing remains the same, they now just have much less to do, and are clearly embarrassed by the downgrade.

So I shall no longer fork out the extra €100-150 per trip, I shall pique nique in standard class instead. €urostar are going to loose €5-8000 revenue from me alone this year, and I fail to see how they are going to continue to attract customers into this new standard premier class.

Standby for a reversal in the new year methinks.