FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please don't shoot the Newb! Tried stickys, still confused...
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 pm
PixieGal

Please don't shoot the Newb! Tried stickys, still confused...

Hi folks, I'm a brand new member TODAY, and never even lurked here before. I know forum etiquett, as I'm a long-term member of other boards, but... I don't travel much and never needed advice on FF issues. I HAVE looked around in the stickys, tried to get some general answers, to find out if I even need to be here, but everywhere I look for general answers seems to be so outdated, I doubt if it's of any use. I have a couple of questions just to see whether I even NEED to find a FF program. Thanks in advance for any help.

1) I have two boys who just went off to college. They'll be needing flights 2-3times a year back and forth between Phoenix and Kansas City. I know this isn't a whole lot of flying, so should we look into some program/credit card, or just use Priceline/Orbitz etc. for each flight.

2) IF it would behoove us to get into some program, what would be the best direction, given that we won't be racking up miles often. Also, when they graduate, they'll be going into the military (ROTC now), so they won't need it then either.

Thanks again, and I apologize in advance if these questions WERE answered somewhere else and I just wasn't able to find them.

Pix