FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel chains offer "everything washed" bed linens
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:54 pm
Rebelyell

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by pittpanther
Check my post - I never once mentioned being afraid of "germs."

So in your world, hotels would change the sheets only once per week? After all, no one ever caught a disease from unchanged sheets.

I'm not afraid of disease - I just don't want to sleep on a stranger's sheets and under a stranger's comforter.
This is my view exactly. I know there are germs all over a hotel room. But the fact is when I go to sleep I do so lying on my back with the covers tucked into my armpits. I find in hotels which don't wash the bedding the bedspread and blankets inevitably end up near or touching my face at some point in the night. I'm sorry, but the idea of having some unwashed piece of bed linen that has been under someone else's armpits brushing up against my face grosses me out and makes me have a hard time sleeping in these dirty hotels.

I don't mind walking on hotel carpet with my bare feet even though I know it's full of germs. I use the remote control. I can even stand a little dirt or mildew in the shower. I can stand everything except dirty, unwashed bed linens touching my body or coming near my face in my sleep. Surely I'm not that odd.

Back to my original question. Which hotel chains have all-washed bedding. Hilton's bedding is all white and I have confidence that it is washed every time, although even if the maid were to cheat and reuse a duvet once it would still be better than the chains which go months between the washing of a bedspread.

Which chains offer everything-washed bedding in all hotels? Which chains require or sometimes require their guests to sleep in beds with dirty, unwashed bedclothes?