FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First/Business Class: Should there be age restrictions?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 6:20 am
marklyon

Programs: CO Pres. Plat, SPG
I recently took a 15 hour flight in CO's BusinessFirst. When I walked down the jetway, there were 6 small kids following a young lady in her early 20's. Since CO lets families board early, I thought nothing of it.

Then they turned left.

Turns out, the six kids were seated on three rows in the 2,3,4 A/C spots. The young lady was in 3D where she could watch the kids.

I was certain that the flight was going to be terrible. But it wasn't. All of them were well behaved. Incredibly well behaved.

I ended up chatting with the young lady during the flight. The kids were all children of various officials at the embassies in our destination city. She was the oldest daughter of another official at the US embassy. They had been in the States for summer vacation, and were now heading home (parents had either not come or returned already, while she spent a week with the kids touring NYC). Mary Poppins could have learned a thing or two from this person.

I was very impressed. It's not the age of the child. It's what the people responsible for them will tolerate.