FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 17 LAX-SYD, Delta 16 SYD-LAX - ?? about meals and also CPAP
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:43 am
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
I am curious about the following flights - approx 15 hrs each. What meals are served, and when?
I took this trip last May and took a few photos of the meals I had on the flights... I did not take a picture of all the meals Sometimes I just did not have the energy to pull out my camera and take a picture

Pancakes breakfast before arrival in SYD... Approx 5:00A SYD time. It was quite good, and of course you can't go wrong with pancakes I refused to eat that red piece of fruit, because it looked edible...

Lunch after departure from SYD, approx 10:45A SYD time... Chicken was not good [BLAND] and the fried stuff was really dry

Breakfast before arrival in LAX, approx 5:00AM LAX time... They served the same food as my outbound flight, so I thought I'd give the eggs a try... It is a Omlette with some peppers and cheese and there were some country potato fries as well. The omlette was not bad and the fries were good, the only thing that looked gross was the sausage, heck you can see that one half is dark the other half is light...

During midflight [about 7 hours after departure both ways] they served a "snack" which consisted of a small turkey sandwich [4 bites or so] with an Apple. I do not have any pictures of this meal, since I did not feel it was worth the effort