FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:28 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
After traveling through FRA a hundred times, I'm ashamed to admit I've never focused on where the UA transfer desk is.

We flying VIE-FRA-ORD (LH to UA) on separate tickets and have plenty of transfer time at FRA. I'll try to do OLCI for the FRA-ORD segment, but my success rate is about 50% for this.

Since the flight from VIE will be Schengen, I'm assuming no border controls until we get to the area for US departures. Is the transfer desk there? I'm also asssuming that LH can't print the UA BPs since it isn't on an LH itinerary, either at VIE or at the FRA Senator lounge.
UPDATE:

I was able to do on online checkin, so I got my UA BPs before we ever left VIE.

The UA flight left from A33 (which is the same area I left from last time), and when we stopped in the first Senator lounge we encountered, they sent us to the tower lounge, whcih was better than I expected and very close to the gate.

Immediately before the lounge you go through passport check. The new wrinkle this time is that UA has a small security desk just past the immigration station where you answer the security questions and get the sticker on your passport. Everyone I talked to missed it the first time, and was sent back to complete the process.

UA has an agent inside the tower lounge who confirmed that my bags were checked through, and sternly told me that my OLCI printout was NOT a boarding pass, and insisted on printing new ones. When I asked "then why does it say 'boarding pass' on it" I just got glared at and was told "that is NOT a boarding pass."

I believe that if I hadn't of had my BP I could have gone though immigration and then the agent at the Tower Lounge would have printed them there, no need to seek out the other UA service desk if you have lounge access.