FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marco Island Marriott, FL [Master Thread]
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:19 pm
indyscott

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by camachinist
IMO, what's probably happened is that, when MVCI deeded over 5MM points worth of its unsold inventory at Crystal Shores to the destination club trust, a whole lot of previously languishing units went off the books and off the 'upgrade' system. Essentially, the destination club trust owns them now and they want to promote the new points system. If I'm right, look for more of this in the future at any MVCI resort which had substantial unsold inventory on June 20, 2010 and where flexible 'upgrade policies' existed in the past. As mentioned in another thread, I'm seeing severe changes in unit availability in general, through MARSHA, for the resorts which were not sold out and which contributed large amounts of deeded units to the trust. Signs of things to come? We'll see...

Are you saying that you suspect a change in the points system at the property down the street (Marriott's Crystal Shores) is impacting the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort? If so, can you please elaborate further as I'm missing the connection.