FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Decent hotel in Ljubljana?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:27 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Any updates?

I am looking for the most interesting upscale hotel in the city center. It looks like the Lev and Grand Hotel Union Executive might be the two best choices, but if someone who has been there could provide some insight, then I would appreciate it.

Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
I think you will find Slovenia to be quite nice, clean, and modern overall. It's an absolutely beautiful country. Ljubljana is really quite quaint with the river running through the city. It's not such a large city, but surprising alot to see and do there.
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Ljubljana is probably my favourite city in what is my favourite country in the world^. Beautiful architecture, great bars and restaurants. Bled & Bohinj are also breathtaking. Just have to decide if you want city or mountains. (Although they're only an hour or two apart, if you can't decide.)
TravellinHusker and mad_rich, can you please give some ideas about what to do? I have always heard good things about it, and decided to go to Ljubljana over a spare weekend when I will be close-by for work.

What are the main sights? How about restaurants for local food? Night-life districts? I appreciate your insight.