FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COPA Biz Class (737-800)????
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:27 pm
kymbakitty

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
COPA Biz Class (737-800)????

Sorry, but I never even heard of COPA before researching our next vacation! We were looking at Peru (LIM) but upon further research, we decided to go on a 15 day cruise that leaves from Rio. I like it because it ends in the states (not to mention we really enjoy cruising).

We will fly to LAX from SMF and catch a flight on COPA to GIG. I can get two one-way Biz class for just over $1,000 each. I think that is pretty good.

However, upon further research, and from the lack of detailed information on their own website, I'm guessing COPA's biz class is probably like flying United. I realize the Biz Class we had on Qantas where the beds are 100% horizontal and 2 levels of seats....well, it was nice but I doubt we'll have something like that for a very long time.

But since the website doesn't mention anything at all about the seats, the best I could find was on seatguru which stated 38" pitch, 20.5" width, and 7.5 recline. Heck, I think Unitied seats in First Class reclined more than that.

But I'm just guessing....I know it is nothing like LAN...those seats also were 100% horizontal....but I would like to know a little bit more about COPA in biz class and their website is not providing any information whatsoever.

Any info would be appreciated....I am glad it is on the 737 and not the ERJ-190....

I don't have too high expectations (trust me, if they don't even show you the seats on their own website--they are probably just slightly better than economy!). But it would be nice to know a little more.

Dawn