FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Belt Rules (Different experiences @ BOS this weekend, Follow-up to TSA)
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:24 pm
TSORon

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Fully detectable with a metal detector. And fully detectable by a screener that looks at the belt and buckle while it is on a traveler. Again, you've done nothing to demonstrate that requiring removal of all belts does anything to improve security.
Yes, fully detectable by a metal detector or an X-Ray, but not a WBI. Read what I was responding to and you might be able to figure out the other part of the conversation. “Opt-out” is a WBI related term, although one can certainly opt-out of WTMD screening if they wish.

Originally Posted by doober
I believe the TSA, pre-WBI, did a whole lot of crowing about how WTMD found several of these knife belts.
And we continue to. Go figure, people still think we won’t find them or won’t look there. Read what I was responding to and you might be able to figure out the other part of the conversation. “Opt-out” is a WBI related term, although one can certainly opt-out of WTMD screening if they wish.