FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - California trip and hotels advice needed...what to do?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:43 pm
bizzylizzy

I cannot believe how helpful you are all being. Many forum .. or it it fora are filled with silly, aggressive and downright useless posts. I want to thank you all for the fantastically useful information you're passing on. I'll have a good look at all of these places on the map and then see what the agent has to say about flights and the hotel booking in the city.

I rather think you all have my measure. I did mention wanting to do some touristy things, but the better experiences are very often those that aren't on the main tourist trails. A very long time ago we went to Puerto Rico. We decided to venture into the rain forest there, where we found and booked ourselves into a parador where we were the only English people. The locals told my husband he sounded like Cary Grant... which made us laugh as my husband is a brummy (comes from Birmingham). Mind you, we were living in Bristol at the time which was Cary Grant's birthplace. Hmm spooky. We'd never had air con in a car before and thought our hire car had sprung a leak. But it was an adventure, and fun with it.

Any hotel and inn recommendations you can recall would be smashing, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Annie