FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:34 pm
JFKSFOLAX_friend
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrentEMN
Stayed here 8-14 to 8-15. Booked (and paid for) a Deluxe 1K, noticed on app that I was downgraded to a Deluxe 2Q because the 1K was 'easier to sell'. Had to call Plat Concierge to get it back to 1K. Junior and PH suites both available, and girl at front desk told concierge that they just don't upgrade anyone into those....even though they had given me the Junior Suite before. VERY disappointing.
As I've said in the past (in this thread, in fact), if you feel like you've been denied an upgrade you should have received, open a Customer Service file with SPG. This is the only way things will change. Hotels are dinged when customers open these files. If enough customers open files, the hotel will correct the problem. Coming on here to complain won't have as big of an impact as: 1) complaining to SPG and 2) complaining on here.

You need to do both....

As you can see above, I opened a file with SPG. The GM of the property quickly replied and admitted that I should have been upgraded. He promised to take care of me next time through.