FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Hotel in Seoul
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:33 am
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by JiangsuLu2002
Instead, we want to make sure the hotel is located in an area that we can easily walk to many typical Korean restaurants and interesting neighborhoods. I've read some comments that suggest the Park Hyatt might be good for this, but I'm not sure.
The Park Hyatt is in Gangnam, the newer, affluent part of Seoul. You would indeed have a good choice of modern style Korean and other restaurants aimed at businessmen and the nouveau riche for their meetings and outings. Gangnam is also a place where many things are available 24hrs a day, not just Karaoke rooms.

If, on the other hand, you should be looking for traditional Korean atmosphere and food, the northern side of the river might be more appealing.

It sounds like the Grand Hyatt and Millenium Hilton might be a bit more isolated than we would like. Being an SPG Plat, I suppose I should consider the Westin Chosun, but the pictures I have seen of that hotel haven't impressed me very much.
The Grand Hyatt is just above Itaweon just like the Millenium Hilton sits on top of Seoul Station and Namdaemun market. Catching a cab you will be within the city buzz in a few minutes.

The Westin Chosun is a sort of olde World hotel, very civilized feel and smack in the middle of the old centre of Seoul. An extra point for the garden they keep on a very expensive piece of land.

Not to forget about the Shilla and R-C either. It's just that I'd rather write about the hotels that are more familiar to myself.