FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010
Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:22 pm
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by loneraven
I got a question: Let's say I stay at an SPG hotel from 9/5 to 9/10, would the nights between 9/8 and 9/10 count for this promotion?
That's the way I read the FAQ.

If I check in before September 8 or check out after December 15, do any of my nights earn a bonus?

For stays where one or more of the nights are outside the promotion period, members will earn bonus Starpoints for eligible spend across the entire stay, not just the nights during the earning period. However, only the nights that fall between September 8 and December 15, 2010, will count toward the 10-night accumulation needed to earn Triple Starpoints.

To me, this means that you'll get Double (maybe even Triple Starpoints eventually) for all charges accumulated during such a stay, but only 9/8 and 9/9 will count towards getting you to the 10-night hurdle for earning Triple Starpoints.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Aug 19, 2010 at 5:33 pm Reason: add clarification