FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spending $250K for Centurion, How About IRS? Large Cash deposits out of your league?
Old Aug 16, 10, 10:36 am
taipeiflyer

Programs: SPG Life Plat75 Hyatt DIA AA EXPLT BA Gold SQ PPS Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mlad1101 View Post
Once again like I said, could you tell me your relationship with Amex? I avg more spend than you, have been a member longer than you I assume(78) not a single late payment and haven't had an invite in years nor have I ever heard of anyone lower than 250k getting an invite since they raised it years ago. So if you could please give some insight as to why ONLY you have different requirements? There are plenty of US cent holders on FT and Im sure not a single one can attest to getting an invite with lower than 250k spend since 2005 on.
you talk about getting an invite.... have you actually called and simply asked? i was not invited. i called the cent line and said both my god-brother and god-dad have cards, and they have talked about the benefits, and i was interested in finding out if i qualify for one. they said yes. i have been a cardholder since 2002, and have used it primarily to book 15-20 J/F tickets per year between here and asia for myself. i told them i wanted a day to think about it, and decided to pass. sometimes, all you have to do is ask.