View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 10, 5:19 pm
paugom

Programs: CO Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Yes. ANA is a good place to start, too.

No, but you shouldn't have to pay for that segment. Getting NYC-ATH, ATH-IST, IST-NYC on a single ticket is possible, assuming you find the inventory.

Probably not, IMO. It will cost more and finding the upgrades are often harder than the reward seats.

Do you have specific dates?

ETA: Without specific dates I found the following...

LH 403 or 405 in F on 5/14/2011. That's either Newark or JFK to FRA. LH 401 (early flight ex-JFK) is available in C but I don't like the 4pm departure; too early to get a decent night's sleep.

LH 1282 on 5/15/2011 in C. That's FRA-ATH with a 2 hour layover. Not enough time for much lounge excitement but the only other flight FRA-ATH with inventory arrives after midnight so probably not worth it.

TK 1848 or 1850 on 5/22/2011 in C. That's ATH-IST. Either a morning or evening flight. Your choice.

TK 1 is a bit harder on 5/28/2011. I see plenty of days where 1 seat is published in F but not with 2. The tricky part here is that in some previous similar scenarios I've seen CO issue two F seats. Just request it and see where you get.
Thanks! I'm signing up for my ANA account now!

Our wedding is on the 14th of May, so we're looking to leave on May 16th (Monday) and come back around May 29th (Sunday). However we are flexible with a few days after the 16th or after the 29th.

Thanks!