FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated "What to do on a layover at LAX" thread
Old Feb 24, 2003, 6:26 pm
burgerwars
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Taipei:
Qantas is in the AA terminal now, #4, you can walk there, 15 min walk (rent a cart for you bags), walk on upper level roadway, you can get some good views of Airplanes, or you can take any lower level shulle bus B,C, ect since SW is terminal one, they will all to to terminal 4. I do the CX and Southwest conections before, and had no problem, in fact when my CX flight was late 3 hours and I missed the Southwest flight, CX rebooked and paid the higher fare for the flight, but Southwest will not do this for CX.

As for what to do,some cheap trips you can take Free bus G from lower level to the GREEN line rail line station from there you have a few choices:

or
(B) catch the GREEN LINE to BLUE LINE north into Downtown LA, stop at Grand Central Market for food, visit Little Tokyo ect.
</font>
It might be a bit too long but you could take to Blue Line to the Red Line. Can get out at Olvera Street (Union Station), or take the Red Line the opposite way to Hollywood or Universal City / Universal CityWalk (the second to the last stop). After all of this, you might just have time to get out of the subway, get a breath of fresh air, and go back down to return to the airport. In July, you'll be able to connect to the Gold Line to get to Pasadena. But realistically, you can't do much in 6 hours, and I suggest staying closer to the airport.