FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbound Collection Santa Barbara (MarMonte) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:03 am
lswcih

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium,Delta LT Sky Club,Hertz Presidential Circle
Just completed a one night stay at the Mar Monte....AAA rate $186 per night. Was given an ocean view room on the third floor. The room was approximately 10% to 20% larger than a standard room. At check in was offerred the amenity or the 1000 points. I selected the 1000 points. Parking is $10/night self park and $15/night valet. As previously mentioned in this thread, the rooms and furniture need updating. The ventilation system in the room was an older wall mounted system located near the ceiling of the rooom There was a remote control on the night stand to turn the system on/off and to adjust the temperature. I ended up turning the ventilation system off at night to avoid the humming noise. You could hear street noise from the ocean view room. At 6 AM, I was awaken by the sound of a dump truck's back up "ding, ding, ding". The truck was picking up trash from the beach across the street, not at the hotel.

The fitness center is located in a building nearby the main building on the first floor. The fitness center closes at 10 PM. It has one weight lifting maching, a couple of tread mills, one bike, and 2 ellipitcal machines.

Since they do not have a Regency Club, at check-in they gave me an information sheet regarding the Diamond member breakfast. It stated:

"Full American Breakfast at Bistro 1111 Restaurant (full breakfast includes 2 eggs, choice of meat and bread, choice of coffee or juice and includes all associated taxes and 15% gratituity. The maximum value per registered guest is $16 plus tax per day. Additional items and charges will be responsibility of the guest). Your complimentary breakfast can be billed directly to your room from the restaurant or in-room dining. Please be aware that you must register the correct number of guests for the breakfast charges to account correctly"

The eggs/choice of meat item in the restaurant is $12. Coffee and juice is $3.00. They also had a buffet which includes the standard eggs/meats/fruits/ coffee/juice for $16.

I elected a menu item and coffee and my bill pre-tip ran a couple of dollars over the $16 limit...but at checkout the breakfast charge was zeroed out.

Overall...the front desk staff was very helpful and they seem to know all the GoldPassport T&Cs which apply to me. The room and the ventilation system needs updating.

Last edited by lswcih; Aug 13, 2010 at 12:59 pm Reason: Editorial corrections