FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ever feel like the odd person out?
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2010, 6:33 pm
RTPA

Ever feel like the odd person out?

I recently checked into a Starwood property that was hosting a union conference. without getting into specifics, this union was overwhelmingly male. They constituted most of the guests in the hotel.

When I checked in I took the elevator to my floor and had to walk past a host of male guests in the hall socializing. While everyone was friendly enough, I did feel a bit put off having them all watch me go into my room. I frankly did not see another way around it.

However, once I was in my room I did call the desk and let them know about the other guests loitering in the hall and asked them to come up and ask the guests to go to their rooms or take their gathering to the lobby, which they were happy to do. The group eventually dispersed from the hall, but they must have known it was me that got security to the floor. I was a bit uncomfortable from then on. Nothing happened in the end, but wondered if others have encountered similar situations an how you handled them.

It was a bit unsettling to be outnumbered by a group that knew each other and wanted to socialize.

THoughts?