FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starbucks learns from the airlines: "enhances" Starbucks rewards
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:24 pm
thegeneral
Suspended

I will go try to get the feedback to Sbux. I am actively looking for cheaper alternatives now
Cheaper alternatives for what? Their drip coffee was cheaper than what I got at Dunkin Donuts last time. The other places offering italian style coffee are just as much. The Starbucks where I live is always cheaper than the local roaster. Two breakfast sandwiches and an Americano don't break $10. It's close to $15 at the local place.

I've never bothered with a Starbucks card, but nothing is forever. I mean, you used to get fed, and not just fed, but fed well and give unlimited alcohol on pretty much any flight. You could smoke too. You can't do it anymore. It's just the way the world is. They have laid off a huge amount of staff and closed stores. Staying profitable and an ongoing concern is rather important. To me, it's still the easiest place to find to get a decent cup of coffee, something nutritious for breakfast and a comfortable, clean place to sit. They do also have good staff and they actually give them health insurance. In terms of big evil companies, I think they're a lot further down the spectrum from BP and Microsoft.