FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Squeezed out on a US flight! What about passenger sizing? (merged threads)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:07 pm
theodoric1

Squeezed out on a US flight! What about passenger sizing? (merged threads)

Clearly all airlines are trying to maximize revenue by seating the most number of passengers using the smallest possible seats (yes, in coach). I travel every week to Boston MA, from Richmond, VA without too much to comment on. However, last week was particularly spectacular for me. Let me get to the point: I was on a regional jet returning home when my assigned seat was given up to a handicapped person (closer to the front), that was a logical and common sense thing to do. I was re-assigned a few rows back. The passenger seated in the aisle next to me was slow to rise and move to let me in. As I seated myself, I put down the armrest. You guessed it, when that person tried to sit, that did not work...at all. I made a huge mistake in allowing that person to raise the arm rest. I pay for my fair and for my seat and space. I should not have to share it with another passenger! I've sent my complaint along to US Airways and hope they do two things: refund my fair for that segment, introduce a passenger sizing seat or similar maybe near ticketing? If you can sit, you can fly, it's that easy. If you can't, you have to pay for two seats. No personal offense meant to any, just the reality of paid fixed sized seating.