FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "O" vs "Le Reve"
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:04 pm
lands

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas
O is a time-capsule of what Franco Dragone could do when he was first with Cirque and churning out good quality shows. It's changed almost none, which is why I say see Le Reve, a show that's constantly changing thanks to Steve Wynn asking Dragone (the director) to retool as he dreams new things.

Le Reve is intimate, engaging and technically incredible. It's got perhaps the best lighting design of ANY show in Vegas today- Just amazing use of lighting that pushes the audience to the very edge. Comfortable theater. Great sound system. It's easy to get in and out as well.

O is a must-see, but would I say it's better than Le Reve? Not by a longshot. As others on this thread have already said, halfway through O there's a sameness that sets in with each act. It's too formulatic for me. By the time you get to the guys with the fire, I'm half asleep.
Sounds like you've read my mind on "O". It's the only one I've seen, and I'm still upset about the $300+ I spent to see it. Didn't really seem to have a story, and a lot of sameness over an over. "and now, 15 contortionist with their faces painted will walk across the stage..." Eh.

I might give Le Reve a chance sometime.