FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who do I call next - Customer service issue
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:47 am
jbutts

Who do I call next - Customer service issue

Hi everyone. Hoping for some help on resolving a flight credit issue.

Quick summary. The first leg of a 2 leg flight form Austin to Boston was delayed (actually ran low on fuel and landed en route), and I ended up arriving in Newark with barely enough time to catch to last flight out. (aside: No help from Continental at all on this - no agents around, phone line not accepting calls, ...). I and about 5 others reached the flight just before the doors closed. The agent collected our original boarding passes, did not reissue passes, and told us to "take any seat."

Needless to say my presence on that flight never made it into the system, and they are denying credit for it even though I did the first leg. Phone customer service was very nice but not able to do anything. Email has denied twice. Tried writing customer service, but nada, not even a "sorry for the hassle" courtesy miles credit.

So...any advice on next steps? Who can I call/write? It's only a small credit, but I'm headed toward making Star Gold this year (I'm a United Premier now), and if I miss for this I'll be seriously irritated. More than that it's the principle of the thing at this point. I can't believe Continental has refused to respond in any way to a reasonable request when they messed up in the first place.

Thanks
JButts