FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will choice take points away if I book
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:43 am
mclee19

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by enginero
Wow, that's ridiculous. It just goes to show how little Diamond means at CH.
That could be a thread in itself.

Now, this isn't really a fair comparison given the hotel brands, but is shows the differences. A colleague of mine was an elite Hampton hore, so we would give each other points when staying at the different hotels. I used his name at a Hilton in Teterboro, NJ so he would get the points, and I was absolutely floored by how they treated me (thinking I was him) - separate floor, lounge (stocked with water, fruit, juices, etc.), business center, mini-gift basket. It was incredible.

Now I'll grant that this was a different class of hotel than the normal choice property, but I've been diamond with them for a while now and have only once been recognized in a similar manner (someplace in NJ, near Somerset).

They generally just don't care. And as for Roger's point about them being franchised, I understand that, but they need to realize that while I may only stay at their property once a year, I am only staying there because of their association - it's a benefit of being franchised.

On on encouraging note, the last survey I got from them asked me if I was recognized as a diamond member when checking in. That's the first time I recall seeing that question.