FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are BW travel cards such an ordeal to use?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:59 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I didn't realize this is why, but the one hotel where I've used an emailed gift card so far, I gave it to them at check-in, and they asked to hold onto it during my stay. I got it back upon request at checkout (since it was not all used up yet). Obviously they processed it sometime in between...
What they do is process them when they don't have anything else to do during their shift. First time I used them was at checkout and the clerk asked me if I would come back later (he knew I was having my luggage held anyway) and he would enter the codes when it died down and give me the email back when I came for my luggage.

I don't know why they don't allow you to refill a plastic gift card for the promos. It doesn't seem like it would cost them anymore and with the plastic card the clerk just swipes it instead of having to enter a bunch of codes.

Or at least on promos allow you to purchase the max amount on one code so the FD clerk only has to enter one code. Like with the Southwest promo it was 1 credit for every $100 gift card. Instead of making you buy 5 individual cards they should have allowed you the option of 1-$500 code and given you the 5 credits. It would be a lot easier on the FD clerk to just enter that one code and tell you what is left on it after the current charges than for him to entere each code for every $100.