FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ discount codes?
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:32 pm
alc

I actually was just in the same boat last week. I did called my travel agency that I had deal with for last 15 years and he said the price I got off the web (Sweet Deals) is very low. I end up choose the Flexi Saver as for a little more money (~CAD $130) I will get AEROPLAN status miles toward my AEROPLAN status. Also Flexi Save allow me to make changes to my flight before departure and I already did it once since I purchase the ticket last Monday.

The only suggestion I have is to check if you can save some money buy purchasing 2 tickets... which is what I did. I am travelling to Male (MLE) from Toronto. It was cheaper for me to fly from Toronto to Hong Kong on AC ticket and then HK to SIN to MLE on SQ. HK was the cheapest over other Asia locations (i.e. PVG or NRT) But not sure if it will help you since the major Hub city for SQ is SIN...where flying all the way to SIN before going back to ICN kind of out of the way

Also, if you stay at any IHG hotels in Canada, you will get the "Stay and Save" booklet that can save:

- Within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
September 15 to December 10, 2010
10% off Tango Plus fares and above
or
- Between Canada and Asia
September 15 to December 10, 2010
10% off Tango Plus fares and above

So, booking directly on AC might even cheaper with the 10% discount.

I randomly pick Oct 10th and Oct 25th and the price include TAX is $1310.52with this 10% off for Tango+. I do see an potential issue for you as this discount code only works for non Executive class and you are looking for Executive First seats. Not sure if you have any status with AC where you have any upgrade cert that you can use.