FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else have a higher $$/EQM this year?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:57 am
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm flying the same amount, but paying way more. I think my biggest problem is that I'm based at DTW and I just can't find cheap tickets anymore. I fly through EWR or IAH, when I used to fly through Cleveland at much lower prices. I had only one European flight this year, the rest are domestic and Caribbean, which is costing more but yielding less EQMs. I fly every 4 weeks and then some, but it just isn't adding up miles-wise. It IS adding up in fares purchased, however.

In fact, due to the higher prices I'm probably going to drop to Gold this year for the 1st time in years. If the flights were cheaper I would make Plat again easily, but that isn't going to happen. I'll hit Gold at the end of the month, but 25,000 more miles doesn't seem likely by Dec. 31st. Possible, but not likely. Fall is usually my slow period.

I should've status matched with the new Delta while I had the chance since they're now taking over DTW. (I hated NW so that was never an option.) I didn't mind paying more for CO AND not getting direct flights b/c it was never THAT much, but now the difference in fares is too obvious.

I was loyal and will remain so as long as I can afford it, but the amount of money spent versus EQMs earned is quite overwhelming this year. I doubt I'm the only one.