FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Arlington Heights {US-IL}
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:24 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
To be honest, I don't even know this property even offered a shuttle to ORD, as it is out of most airport shuttle radius.

There actually has public transportation to get to this place. If one is coming from ORD, take the blue line one stop to Rosemont, get on the PACE bus #606, it should only take 20 minutes to get there, but depends on the traffic on I-90. (Yes, this bus actually run express on I-90) This bus run approximately every 30 min, more frequent during rush hour, less frequent during weekends especially sunday.(every hour)

But I do agree since there are so many hotels (especially Hilton family) are much closer to ORD, OP definately make a mistake to use this as airport hotel.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I've stayed here a couple of times and never taken more than a few minutes to and from Ohare. Never had a problem here and rates are usually quite good. Besides the Japanese tourists, a Japanese airline has used this DT as their crew hotel in the past and at times the lounge could be fun. Don't know if they still do.
I think OP had already mentioned it is the NH crew, and the problems with the shuttle because of that crew.