FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drill Down in Search- Not all Restaurants Participate Every Day
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:37 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
There are still once-a-month only joints? That I haven't encountered in quite a while.
It varies by area. Around where I live in the West L A / Santa Monica area, there are tons (Spumoni's*, Fish Grill, Monte Alban, Guido's, etc).

*The Spumoni's in the Santa Clarita area, just off the I-5, also participates, and guess what, also is 1/month.

On the other hand, in central Orange County, another location I eat in a lot, hardly any are.

And when I travel outside SoCal, in some areas I run into one/month while researching restaurants, in other areas I never do.

So I presume it may have to do with particular RN reps. Some may offer 1/month to restaurants (perhaps after they turn down unlimited?), while others may not.

Also, 1/month restaurants may only be open to restaurants which are doing it purely as a coupon-equivalent promotion, and not to restaurants using RN for a "loan" which the dines repay. But I'm just guessing, though.