Old Aug 1, 10, 5:54 pm
moyrani

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I have a situation/question that has to do with schedule changes so I will post it here.
I booked Business Award Travel last December for travel next September. When I made the reservations, there were almost 4 hours between the FCO->MAD->SJU Iberia flights. They changed the scheduled (not sure when since they did not notify me) and now the connection time is 35 minutes. Minimum connection time in MAD according to Iberia in this case is 65 minutes.
I called AA to change FCO->MAD->SJU flights from Sunday to Saturday, which still has more or less the same flight times that my Sunday flights used to have. The agent said that there was no award travel availability on Iberia on Saturday or Sunday, not even connecting through other cities. She did not even know what to tell me. In the end, she said she would submit a request to the American/Iberia liaison to see if they would approve the FCO->MAD->SJU flights on Saturday due to the schedule change.
Has anyone had a similar experience with requests submitted to a "liaison" for approval? What are the chances that they are going to approve it? Any suggestions if they don't? The agent asked me to call in 3-4 business days to check the status. I feel like it is their responsibility to find me flights even if there is no award inventory since the schedule change was rather extreme and it was obviously not my fault.

Last edited by moyrani; Aug 1, 10 at 5:56 pm Reason: spelling