FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Jul 30, 2010, 4:45 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
My guess is that status will play a much, much bigger role in the ability to redeem awards, especially for the airlines whose miles are being given away for almost nothing (BA, AA, etc.). If I'm right, it'll bad news for many, especially when I see the low number of FF posts of many posting here since that may indicate folks w/o status.
I start to have a hypothesis that most folks received the email solicitations may have low balance in their AA accounts. May be this is one of the criteria in making the solicitation list...

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I agree that Citi may be getting somewhat desperate, and I was expecting something from them, though I thought it would be rewarding use by existing cardholders rather than piling onto the new card giveaway.
This has been Citi's characteristics from Day One. Long time ago I called about a Citi card (not AAdvantage) that offers bonus to new customers but nada for existing customers, I was told out right by a manager that Citi considers that is marketing cost - since you are already existing customer there is no need to spend to attract you to use their products. They are aiming for market shares.